Roof Faces

BandA

A quick addendum.. so I created a roof for an L-shaped building with a stepped gable roof using the create roof command. The problem is that on the smaller of the two gables, the roof under the other gable doesn't tuck under the eave to meet the wall correctly. Using the new ungroup roof command (handy), I can now slide that roof under the other. Is this the best way to accomplish this?

Thanks a bunch.

I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem: when I create a roof face from a polygon and I want the eaves to have a square miter, it causes the peak to have a square miter as well. This is mildly annoying when i'm trying to make a roof with two roof faces. The only way I can get the peak to have a vertical miter is to to put a vertical miter on the eaves as well. Has anyone run into this problem? If so, know any way around it?

Thanks

It's only a Bug if the two legs of the 'L' shape are of different dimension and then ... here's the rub ... the Pitch for both is individually declared as being the same. Otherwise the Procedure assumes a congruent pitch to match up with the initial gable pitch and this is not a bug but a logical solution based on the lack of a declared pitch parameter. Therefore, each side of the 'L' Gable must be created ( declared as dimension / pitch ) independently of the other.