Elevations in VW 12

BandA

Peter,

I found a plug in corner board tool on one of the non-official vectorworks sites. I actually haven't tried it yet, but maybe it will fill the gap for the time being. Hey, just a quick question: do you use custom defined working planes a lot? Say, to save the trouble of extruding an object and then having to change the view to place the object correctly on the axis perpendicular to the original plane?

Any word on when 12.0.1 might be making an appearance? I know Robert's hands may technically be tied here, but any possibility of a rough estimate?

Merry Christmas

BandA, I don't use custom working planes. For me it seems really simple to just change views. Most buildings are pretty rectalinear, and when you get one that isn't, well, then you'll need to set up some custome viewing angles/planes/whatever. I had a project recently which had a bunch of 30? angles. I used the "rotate 3d" command to set up the relevant views and then simply used a "saved view" to be able to get back if I needed to.

Sorry, I never mentioned my name.. it is Theo. I used BandA because there is a least one other person from our company that may use this forum, and I figured it would be less confusing to have one username.

My original thought on the working planes was that if you had a wp set to a particular surface, it would be a lot easier to extrude objects and not have to move them a few times to get them precisely where you wanted them. However, I guess with multiple faces on each elevation, there would be too many working planes and it wouldn't necessarily save time or be less confusing. This is all speculation, of course, because I have never really used them that extensively anyway..