LayerMapG

blimey

Hi Gary,

I read your previous post. Robert could you elaborate more about the layerMapG worsheet please. I understand it is better not to "mess up" with that file. However it would be really usefull for us as it would spare people to set up the wrong plans. So If you could give us just a few hints, it could be helpfull. The manual seems to say that one can add layers and classes (our office standard has more classes, so far I've tried to map them with vw wtandards the best I could, but even if I replace those I don't use, I still need more? and its says that if one does so one need to "add those layers and classes in the LayerMapG". Could you please give us a bit more info about these? Thank you very much.

Thanks, IMT

If you or Rober Andersen could help me with the Layer.G descriptions. I understand the A,V,G and I in the layers and classes. I also understand the N, S, L, 1, and M listed under the sheets and above the layers. What I need more detailed info on is the items listed to the far right of classes under the PF column. What is RE, BK, BL, etc... also what is the LW (line weight) column numbers. Are they milimeters, points etc..? And the LS (line style) what are the definitions of the number 2, -2, 4, what do they represent?

Hi Gary,

I'm afraid I am of no use. I've been using VW only since June and upgraded to 12.

I'm very confused about the LayerMapG. There are explanations in the PDF manuals sent with VW12 and in both the online manuals in VW11.5 and VW12 but the information they give seems totaly obsolete as they refers to elements that do not seem to exist anymore in the version (project settings?)...

According to what I read when running a search in the forum (you find 12 instance if you make a search under "LayerMap" but most question are without anwers). LayerMap started as a plugin script in VW9... I don't know what's left in the actual version and why the manual still refer to it.

AS A MATTER OF FACT: It doesnt matter that much for me no to use that worksheet, if I could just be explained how to customize classes and layers while using the setup command. I found the standard naming not very useful wiht VW11.5 and was so happy to read that it was now easy in 12. I ordered VW12 but still can't figure out how to match it to my own standards.

I've spend 2 days now trying to cut down my number of classes in order to fit in VWstandard bu I still have 8 more...

LayerMap is VERY confusing since the manuals seems to hint that there is a way to customize it but IT DOESN'T (at least easily), and Robert advise you not to althout It seems that it used to be customizable... May be that have changed fo etter. But PLEASE I'd need some current info (not those in the manuals that seem a legacy) is there someone (from NNA may be) that could please, please, please let me know what is the best way in the current version to customize the standards : not only changing their names but what to do if I have MORE layers and classes than in the VW Standard? I've read it all on the coarser and finer switch but nothing says what to do if you have more classes/layers than VW standard...

Thank you very much.