UDatasmith Direct Link issues with 2022 SP 3

Stephen Sorenson

Question

I found a few issues with direct link and SP3 while working with them today.

Previously with spotlight fixtures (I set up my direct link with hierarchy export) the lens would be a separate material making it easy to give all the lenses a single "glow" material. Now it makes the entire body glow unless I apply materials by object instead of by material. I have over 200 fixtures, so this takes a while. And with direct link I still have the issue of materials not remembering if I've replaced them if I quit Vectorworks and Twinmotion, then relaunch them in SP3. I've even tested this with making no changes in the Vectorworks file. I close Twinmotion, then close Vectorworks, then open Twinmotion, then open Vectorworks. When I do so the direct link in Twinmotion shows as "broken" until I start it in VW - but when it finishes processing all the materials reset to the Vectorworks version.

I also noticed when I edit a symbol with the active Direct link it will go into the symbol, then turn off direct link which removes all of the Vectorworks items from the Twinmotion file (I was attempting to check the materials on the spotlight fixture symbols for the body and the lens). It does not automatically reenable direct link when exiting the symbol, and it took a few time disabling and reenabling the direct link to get it to reestablish. Once reestablished, the first time Twinmotion crashed, the second time it once again "forgot" my material remapping.

Should I do some of these things in a different order? I saw the post about SP3 fixing a lot of Direct Link issues so I wanted to test it out since I was having the material remapping issue in SP2.x as well on restart. Is export file the better way to go for remapping?

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet