TITLE BLOCK ISSUES

Daniel OKane

Question

Hello wondering if someone could help. Been using Vworks for about 7 months, but occasionally get stuck in some quagmire...

Having a problem with title block showing on my DEMO sheet. Will try my best to describe in simple terms:

1. CLASS: I have title block on Class as 'TB General'
  2. DESIGN LAYER: I have title block on '24x36 Title Block'
  3. ISSUE: Title block shows on my - COVER SHEET, CONSTRUCTION SHEET AND NOTES SHEET as normal
  4. ISSUE: Title block does not show on DEMO even though 'TB General' is turned on in Class 'TB General'
  5. But........ISSUE: When on DEMO and I activiate 24x36 title block in Design Layer the Demo title block appears, but DEMO Plan disappears.

I hope this is a clear description of issue. Being going around and around trying to solve for too long today. Could someone help out? 

Not sure if setting is incorrect or did something incorrect along the way. FILE ATTACHED.

Thanks for any advice someone might have time to give!

Daniel O'Kane  

Armenante_1.27.22_ImprintsLA.vwx

Edited by Daniel OKane

5 answers to this question

Your layers are at different scales. They will not show up properly at the same time.

You will either need to use Sheet Layers and two different Viewports to combine them into a single sheet or look into using the VW Title Block Border object. It is designed to go directly onto different sheet layers but let you edit the Project information on all of the instances at the same time while still having different Sheet information.

If you want to continue to do it your way you will need to have a title block layer for each different sheet scale.

• Like 1

Hi Pat,

Thanks for answering so quickly. Lead guy who has been training me set up the templates many moons ago. I come from SketchUP background and always thought something wasn't right. I've been working with his template without issue until this.

He mentioned I might need to access 'Unfied View' to fix, but I don't see this option in my version.

Thanks 

In VW2022 Screen Plane (2D) objects have been deprecated by VW.

You can still turn them on and use them and old files that use Screen Plane objects will automatically have them turned on in the Document Preferences:Legacy 2D pane.

Your drawing has Unified View turned off.

I think the actual problem with your file is that you have the Layer Options set to Active Only.