Convert Referenced Viewport to Drawing Geometry?

Hey there, 

I have a drawing that has a referenced Viewport in model space, but no access to the drawing it's referenced from, it's from a client and the original referenced drawing seems lost. 

Is there a way to convert that viewport to a workable model in my file so that I can adjust as needed? Basically just make the geometry contained within the viewport able to be manipulated within my drawing? 

Thanks! 

I'm assuming the drawing is cached in your current file, and you just don't have access to the original file?

If so, try going to the References tab, right clicking the referenced file name, then choosing delete. You'll get a pop-up where you can choose to "Import into current document" which will add the design layers directly into your file. You'll also still have a Design Layer Viewport (in place of the Referenced one) showing those Layers, which might choose to delete.

Glad it worked! In case anyone else ends up reading this thread in the future, I want to clarify that after deleting the reference and choosing to import, you should then go to the Design Layers tab. There you should see Design Layers that you didn't have before, which have been imported from the original reference.

The design layer viewport on your original design layer will still exist, and it will be displaying those other 'new' Design Layers, but everything is now local in your file so you should be able to locate the original editable geometry by activating the correct Layer(s).

• Like 1