Reload user files (e.g. SignalTypes.txt)

elc

Hi @Conrad Preen,

The Version is VW2022 (German) and I am talking mostly about the ConnectCAD Devices DB.txt which I started creating new devices and updating via the text editor as it is a lot faster then the Device Builder in VW.

For example, after having created 30 devices we could then change all LAN port labels from "LAN" to "RJ45". Takes about 30 seconds in the spreadsheet. And adding multiple new devices at once is quite a bit faster too. But I also had to create 15 new signal types as copies of existing ones with a suffix. Which took me 30seconds too.

I was looking for an easier way to reload the file to be able to check my edits more regularly (as I know editing text files can break things. 😉 )

(Thought maybe executing a certain command would automatically require a reload of the  DeviceDB.txt for VW)

Best,

George

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

@elc well I've no problem with you updating the device database in whatever way suits you especially as you understand that power comes with responsibilities 😉. If I remember rightly the file gets cached in memory on first use of the Device Builder. So I think the short answer is no, but I'll make a note. I'd like to add more power-user support thru script functions.

• Like 2