Space object questions

Tom W.

Could someone explain how the 'Glazing Area' + 'Window Area' parameters work in Space objects?

705689935_Screenshot2022-02-10at08_25_05.png.b8ade666448935732f1fbf583468d1b9.png

Is the Space meant to pick up the area automatically from the doors/windows somehow? I can see no way of entering these values manually or indeed have the Space take on a value automatically. All I can do is see these fields in the Advanced Properties + add them to the OIP + that's as far as it goes.

I created my own 'Window Area' user field at the bottom of the OIP where I enter the value manually.

Incidentally, are you only able to show User Field 1 on the OIP + none of the others?

Lastly I am getting odd behaviour with my Spaces in 2022 such as changing classes in the OIP having no effect (e.g. '3D Boundary Class'): I have to go into the settings + do it there.

Plus if I have unstyled Spaces I am finding a change I make to one is taking effect on all the Spaces in the file, not just the one in question: this shouldn't be the case right?

Thanks. I use Spaces infrequently + in a very limited fashion so very possible this is all down to extreme ignorance.

• 2 weeks later...