Slanted Wall

reem

By slanted, do you mean a wall with a sloped top? (Say, under a stairway?) Draw the wall in 2D and assign it the height of one end or the other. Switch to 3D Front view and use the 3D Reshape tool to change the height of only one end. You might also check out the online reference under Reshaping Walls.

For info on battered, or tapered, walls you might read the following:

http://techboard.nemetschek.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=16;t=001423

http://techboard.nemetschek.net/cgi/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=16;t=000732

Good luck,

[ 03-21-2005, 07:54 PM: Message edited by: Travis ]

Sloped Walls seem to be a 'non-issue' . They are imminently easy to construct in 3D. Use of 2d Hybrid symbol solves the topview issues. I use NURBS whenever possible in the limited situations involving intrusions & extrusions ( converted to symbols). Extruded 3d polys do 90% of the heavy lifting.

I'm trying to create a wall that is slanted, as is it doesn't run vertically. So the whole wall plane is slanted or sloped approximatley 70 degrees to the ground plane ( 20 degrees from the y-y axis). The problem I am having is it doesn't seem possible to rotate a wall object about the y-y axis.

An error message reads: "Hybrid objects can only be rotated about the perpendicular to the ground plane." Would you like the working plane set to the ground plane?"

However, it is possible to create a simple extruded 3d rectangle that represents the wall and rotate it. I don't want to do that because I need to insert window objects into this slanted wall. I can't insert a windows in a 3d poly.

I came up with a solution:

I used the create Roof Face tool and made a sloped surface to represent my wall. The I can insert skylights in it to represent windows. It works except the top of the roof / wall has a funny mitre that I can't get rid of.

Thanks agian for everyone's help!