Cant or battered wall?

Is it possible to create a cant or battered wall that I can put windows and doors in? The wall forms the base or plinth of a building and existing 'basement' structure is being converted to rooms.

The existing rubble plinth slopes up about 5 degrees from the vertical.

I would prefer not to use solid operations.

Thanks in advance.

-Jacques.

VW 11

OS 10.3.8, 1 Ghz Tibook, 512MB ram, ATI 9000.

i would use a combination of an extrude and a regular wall to get that effect. that way the object can be attached to a wall, and the extrude will give the illusion of a battered wall. we did something similar for a building that had exterior walls with windows that slanted off the vertical, it worked well in the model. hope this helps...

Jim,

Thanks, I will give it a try. I was trying to find something similar to the battered wall in ArchiCAD but I suppose your method works just as well.

Have you ever had to deal with irregular shaped walls in plan. ie. the wall starts off at say 200mm and changes in plan to about 400mm thick, then back again? Mostly I find this in old listed buildings or barns where the rubble/cob walling varies in thickness. It's really annoying to model the walls and then cut holes for doors/windows...

Thanks again.

Jacques.