Regenerating walls from spaces

Squib

The manual says that, having created walls from spaces, the spaces can be modified and then the walls will be updated on running the walls from spaces menu item. Whichever way I do it and whatever layer the spaces or walls are on, all it does is create new walls rather than modify existing. What's happening?

As far as I'm concerned this is NOT a bug but standard protocol.

All new objects based on modifications like the DTM >exist>proposed and the Roof > new layer. Should always be placed on a new layer just in case. using the 'Undo' command can result in chaos if you happen to go one click too far back.

Always create 'new' never modify 'existing'....

Create Walls from Spaces never deletes walls. But if existing walls are within the bounding box of the spaces, it will reshape the existing walls rather than creating new ones. This way, you can change the spaces and then "update" the walls to match, and you won't have to re-insert doors & windows and reconfigure them. I agree with islandmon in general, but in this particular case, I think that reshaping the existing walls is appropriate.

When creating walls from all of the spaces on the source layer, it's supposed to reshape all of the existing walls on the destination layer. Right now it's only reshaping walls inside the bounding box of the spaces. That's a bug that will be fixed.

quote:

Originally posted by Charles Chandler:

When creating walls from all of the spaces on the source layer, it's supposed to reshape all of the existing walls on the destination layer. Right now it's only reshaping walls inside the bounding box of the spaces. That's a bug that will be fixed.

Charles - I tried it again following your assertion that it works in part and you are right - it does update the stuff inside the boundary of all spaces - allbeit with symbols moved but at the boundary of the spaces which are unchanged it puts a new set of walls which don't contain the symbols as they should - I attach a sequence of images to support -