Importing .dwg texture file

BSD

Hi there,

I'm looking to import a paving texture as a .dwg file provided by the supplier. I've created a new blank v-works file, followed the steps for importing DXF/DWG but every time all I get is a red square. Could someone please advise me what I'm doing wrong? 

screenshot_import_red square.png

screenshot_texture files from supplier.png

Thanks for your reply Michaelk although still no luck. I've done the standard import of dwg file into blank file and nothing showing in renderworks texture for that file. I'm really only after ability to apply supplier texture to 2D shapes. No matter what little tweaks I do to advanced import settings I just get the red square. 

Screen Shot 2021-11-19 at 2.47.58 pm.png

You can use the .jpg to create an image fill resource.  

Drag a .jpg into a VW document.  

In the Image Import Options dialog box set Import Resource to Image Resource.  Click OK

In the Resource Manager there will now be an image fill in the Images section with the name of the imported image.

Select a 2D object.  Either  1. double click the image resource in the resource manager or 2. in the Attributes Palette set the fill to Image.  Choose the image resource.

You will almost certainly have to edit the image in the resource manager to get it to be the right size or click on the three dots in the attributes palette to change the settings for just the selected objects or use the attribute mapping tool.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Michael! Much appreciated.

I don't suppose you could assist with another query? I'm using the polyline tool to create a few curved areas/elements however when I close the polyline the arc curve all of a sudden switches to angled lines (see attached). Is there a setting I can adjust to stop this happening?

Screen Shot 2021-12-01 at 1.05.18 pm.png

It's easy to draw poly lines with the wrong vertex mode active for each vertex.

It looks like you meant to have bezier or arc vertices and got corner vertices instead.  (If I'm looking at the correct poly line)

You can change them with the reshape tool or clip the question mark shaped poly line from the white hatched poly line.

If I'm not seeing the correct thing, post a file with just the poly line(s) in it.

• 2 weeks later...