More features for the cloud presentation tool

elepp

Question

Hi,

we are using now the new deature to create presentations in the cloud. The idea is a very nice one, we though would like to have some more features. @inikolova

We would like more layout options for boards or at least be free to arrange the different elements.

433002405_Bildschirmfoto2021-11-09um17_18_34.png.b3a6ccef410cb303054c34c5c8edbbbb.png

And we would like to be able to add pictures inside of a panorma tour. So far we can only link panoramas in a tour. We would like to integrate static images that pop up to show mood boards, for example.

Thanks for reading,

Eduard

12 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi Eduard,

Thank you for your feedback! I already had these wishes recorded in our tracking tool, so I went ahead and added your votes for them. We have a long list of wishes for nice usability improvements for the Presentations. I am happy to see that more and more users are trying to use them. I hope we would be able to tackle these improvements soon. I don't have a set target date right now, but these are definitely on our radar, along with many others. 

Please keep your wishes coming. We want to hear what you think is working great and what needs improvement, so we can make the Presentations tool better.

Best regards,

Iskra Nikolova

• Like 2

Hi @inikolova,

lately we have been using the presentation tool a lot, but I a came across a little annoying bug. The safe button doesn't always work. I have changed some thing in the presentation and everything looks good on my part. I send the link to someone and can see that some changes didn't  happen, even though the edit date changed. Did you hear about a bug like that?

Regards!

Hi @elepp,

I am glad to hear you are using the presentations. I am not aware of the problem you describe. If you could send me a link to a presentation that you had this problem with, and let me know what changes you have made, but didn't get saved, I would be able to pass that info to the engineers to investigate further. 

You can email me at inikolova@vectorworks.net.

I look forward to helping you further.

Thanks,

Iskra

Hi @inikolova,

here is a first round of bugs/ criticism:

- The starting camera position should always be adjusable, also in Panoramas that are not part of a tour. I dropped a panorama on a floorplan and can't adjust the view. Now people have to rotate the view first to see where they are.

- The layout is very limited. We would like to have more freedom in layouting our presentations.

- Occasionaly the pins I create are jumping around when I am trying to adjust them. I have to reload the website or close the browser to get the behaviour back to normal. I am using Safari on Big Sur.

- Changing lots of pins is very tedious. We like to indicate different types of images with color codes, but if we change the colors it becomes a very tedious job changing 20 pins.

Screenshot_01.png.16083924430356ab8b1ec602378687dc.png

Scaling issues like these happen.

212301855_Bildschirmfoto2022-02-17um15_49_52.thumb.png.112260208225a15b252c7ec2262a9154.png

794358451_Bildschirmfoto2022-02-17um15_50_00.thumb.png.4e5d08fe138e68e5cd60e0fe428089eb.png

If I type this text in the editor I don't see it in the presentation. Somehow the <> lead to the software ignoring the text.

Screenshot_02.png.263d9407e97c6a1dc2990bd4517caf3b.png

Pins that are very low on the presentation become very painful because the settings are disappearing. We have to move them up, adjust them and than move them back.

Thanks for reading this.

Regards!

8 hours ago, elepp said:

- The starting camera position should always be adjusable, also in Panoramas that are not part of a tour. I dropped a panorama on a floorplan and can't adjust the view. Now people have to rotate the view first to see where they are.

I like the idea. I submitted it to our list of improvements to consider.

8 hours ago, elepp said:

The layout is very limited. We would like to have more freedom in layouting our presentations.

We have received a lot of feedback about this. We are planning to tackle this soon (definitely this year, but we don't have an exact timeline set)

8 hours ago, elepp said:

- Occasionaly the pins I create are jumping around when I am trying to adjust them.

I am aware of this issue. With the flexible layout implementation, I am sure the way pins are implemented will have to be changed. 

8 hours ago, elepp said:

Changing lots of pins is very tedious. We like to indicate different types of images with color codes, but if we change the colors it becomes a very tedious job changing 20 pins.

This is another improvement we are planing to start working on soon.

8 hours ago, elepp said:

Scaling issues like these happen.

I am not seeing this issue currently. It would be appreciated if you could provide more details around the circumstances under which this is happening.

Screen Shot 2022-02-18 at 7.19.55 PM.png

8 hours ago, elepp said:

If I type this text in the editor I don't see it in the presentation. Somehow the <> lead to the software ignoring the text.

Nice finding. I filed a bug to the team to look into it.

9 hours ago, elepp said:

Pins that are very low on the presentation become very painful because the settings are disappearing.

I am aware of this as well. Since there is a workaround, we have not considered as a high priority item, so it still unresolved. I informed the team about your report, to raise awareness of the issue. I hope it can be fixed soon.

Thanks for the time you took to share these items with us!

• Like 3

Thanks for your reply.

At the moment it's running very buggy for us. The pins are jumping around and resetting themselves. I have to reload the browser regularly 😔

It's costing us a lot of time to make changes.

Here is another screenshot of an issue. The line break of our texts happen in weird places.

1096453214_Bildschirmfoto2022-02-21um11_30_21.thumb.png.81fb20452740701d66ca2e0f3a8942cd.png

On 2/19/2022 at 1:36 AM, inikolova said:
On 2/18/2022 at 4:31 PM, elepp said:

I am not seeing this issue currently. It would be appreciated if you could provide more details around the circumstances under which this is happening.

Screen Shot 2022-02-18 at 7.19.55 PM.png

This seems to be a safari issue. It works in Firefox.

Another suggestion is: We can change the names of the pins but the names of the files stay the same in the presentation. That's an annoying discrepancy and cause for confusion.

Regards!

Edited by elepp

Another question. How does the 3D Panorama defines it's starting point. I realised that no matter how I am turned in a perspective, the resulting image always looks the same. I thought by rotating in the vectorworks model, I could change the seem at which the panorma is stitched together.

On 2/19/2022 at 1:36 AM, inikolova said:
On 2/18/2022 at 4:31 PM, elepp said:

I am aware of this issue. With the flexible layout implementation, I am sure the way pins are implemented will have to be changed. 

Today this tool was beyond usable. The pins were jumping around, changing their colors randomly, changing their sizes. I spend most of my day playing wack-a-mole, instead of finishing it quickly. My experience today was more like using a tool in a very very early beta version. That's not cool, Vectorworks! 😠

On 2/21/2022 at 8:13 AM, elepp said:

At the moment it's running very buggy for us. The pins are jumping around and resetting themselves. I have to reload the browser regularly 😔

It's costing us a lot of time to make changes.

On 2/21/2022 at 3:08 PM, elepp said:

Today this tool was beyond usable. The pins were jumping around, changing their colors randomly, changing their sizes.

I didn't realize it was so bad. Would you be able to capture a screen recording when this happens so we understand the issue better? We won't know how to fix it if we don't know how to reproduce :-).

The line break of our texts happen in weird places.

I logged an issue in our bug tracker. I think the text just gets cut off when it reaches the end of the row, which length is determined by the size of the thumbnail preview. I asked if this limit can be increased, so longer words can fit in it. What do you think would be a good character limit? 

This seems to be a safari issue. It works in Firefox.

Thanks, I saw the issue and reported it to the team. It happens on Safari, and only for Board slides. 

We can change the names of the pins but the names of the files stay the same in the presentation.

I added this to our list of improvement requests to address this year.

On 2/21/2022 at 10:44 AM, elepp said:

How does the 3D Panorama defines it's starting point.

A pin in a Tour slide can have two saved camera positions, to allow you to fine-tune its view depending on how the viewer accesses it.

• Pin opened from a panorama view: Set the camera position when you create the pin; you can modify it later by using the pin edit controls. You may have more than one pin that opens a particular panorama image.
  • Pin opened from the Tour map or the side navigation pane: Set the camera position from the image’s context menu n the Resource panel of the Tour editor or Tour map editor, or from the Tour map pin edit controls.

Note that the tour will start with the camera position set for the first image in the Resource panel that has the home icon.

I believe the camera's default initial loading position was determined by the view set on export as well. I am checking with an engineer for more information. 

Best regards,

Iskra Nikolova

• Like 1