records and schedules

So I'm using these tools for the first time. I'm also using the ID labels. I added a column called operation in the window and door schedule to show awning, casement, fixed, swing, slider etc. This of course is already data that the PIO's have. Is there a way to connect this automatically to my new schedule and record definition? Right now I'm adding it to each window manually in the data field.

thanks,

Seena

Hi robert,

Well, I think I may be putting this in the wrong spot. I tried to edit a schedule from the drawing. I clicked in the field at the top of the location column and replaced this formula =('Window Record'.Operation)

with the one you gave me. It seems to revert back to the original if I click off it and then back on. I was also looking in the Preferences>VA records and schedules dialogs as well. I'm sure this is very simple but I'm not quite getting it.

Thanks,

Seena

• 2 months later...

I had the same problem as Seena - I'm using the Windows version (the Mac version might behave better). It's a really bad User Interface issue. Unlike 'normal' spreadsheet applications, when you are editing a worksheet(?) in VW, you have to make the change to the cell in the box at the top of the window, then click on the green 'check mark' to actually record the change. This issue peeved the heck out of me until we figured it out.