choking the system

It seems that no matter how fast the hardware is nor how nifty the program is...the user can easily max it out.

3d modeling allows for assemblies and sub assemblies to be put together to make larger assemblies...this causes your final assembly to choke the system.

trying to fit an assembly to a separate Northing & Easting (N&E) file to verify with civil...ref vps are taking 15min to update for each one and I have 6 placed in N&E space.

surprisingly, the VGM does not choke...there seems to be two things in vw that I cannot seem to "break"...these are the VGM and the grid line tool...very well done

now I could make a simplified dummy model that I switch on and off but that defeats the purpose of a singe source of truth.

and just so you all know...I choked Onshape too in the making of my big assembly sheets...the zoom and pan have a ~15sec delay for my full assemblies...although tech support knows of it and is working on a fix in the next few weeks...we will see...

So even if there was this ultimate cloud cad for architectural, what would happen if someone decides to place all the fasteners in a building for some strange reason?

They could unwittingly choke up the whole thing...

I still think we need to have a cEarth so everyone can export key items to (foundations, utilities etc) in the cloud then all parties have an proper ref to the earth vs import/export to each other...instead, we just keep updating our model that we place in cEarth in the cloud & then all parties can see it.

civil with its Autocad civil 3d cannot handle my models...which are based on fabrication drawings make in Onshape then exported to VW then place in the proper N&E...

Edited by digitalcarbon