Reflected Ceiling Plans in Viewports

Is there an easy way to produce reflected ceiling plans in viewports. VW 10 had Ceiling View in the View Menu. Now you have to play around with classs settings in the door plugin.

We generally reference our drawings into a separate plot file so that it is easier to batch plot the jobs. The referenced layers are locked when imported into the plot file so they can't be adjusted.

[ 06-25-2004, 05:44 PM: Message edited by: jrd6262 ]

It seems that the only way to do this is to use the the VW plugins and to modify the door and swing class settings to assign them a style class. I have replaced the door symbols we have been using with the Architect plugin doors so that i can turn the assigned classes off in the viewport in order to get them to appear correctly.

This is not really clear in th emanual, but i talked to Peter Huggins at Resolve and he told me how to do it. VW should look at their manual in order to make this cleare on the steps required to do this

• 1 month later...

I do not show doors and windows on the RCP. So I turn those classes off. That leaves an unsightly gap in the wall as the wall break does not have a class. So my solution was to write a simple linear PIO that I call the Header Tool. It draws a centerline that can be used by the framing sheet and a polygon that can infill the wall break on the rcp. Each part is classed. You can do the same thing with a group containing the same things. Let me know if your interested in the tool...

Patrick