Importing a Survey

I'm having major difficulty with the Survey I'm trying to import. It always comes in at a microscopic scale. I've tried setting the import paper space to 1:1, but it has no effect. I've also played with importing the survey in inches and in feet, but again, no effect on the result. Suggestions?

the survey is not a symbol. Someone told me I needed to import it and then scale up by 12, because Surveyors draw in inches. It didn't work. Someone else mentioned that the survey is drawn 1:1 in Autocad and lacks a scale? But then don't I simply apply a scale when I import it or set the layer to whatever scale I need.

There may be a very simple solution: change the scale of the layer. Have you checked the measurements of the imported survey?

The survey is very likely to be done in 1:1 scale, but with what units, that you have to ask. AutoCAD does not have scales at all in modelspace (and no explicit units anywhere); theoretically (and sometimes in practice) it is possible to draw in paperspace by scaling everything you draw as you would be on tracing paper, but this is not common practice.

We have a similar problem all the time with Survey's, thou i'm not sure how it would apply in imperial, as we use metric.

if we use our normal default unit of

1 unit = 1millimeter

the drawing comes in micro sized

if we set 1 unit = 1 metre

in comes in normal sized and with the right line wieghts

you might need to try 1unit = 1 feet or a yard

to see what works

Mystery solved. The drawing was done in 1:1 scale (Autocad) and so requires that I blow it up x12 or change the units when I import. This worked great. From what I've been told this is standard for surveyors. Thanks for everyone's help.