Vectorworks 2020 application window only showing a clear box

edahlgr3

Question

I am a student using the education version of vectorworks 2020 25.0.6 SP6 (on Mac) and I was not using the software for a month or two and upon coming back when I tried to open it all that showed was a a clear box. I tried updating my computer (Big Sur 11.5), I tried repairing from the updater menu and it said it repaired a bunch of files but that didn't work, now every time I run repair is says that it repaired one file, I uninstalled all the way (including preferences) and then re-installed after updating my student license. Nothing seems to be working. Any guidance on next steps would be greatly appreciated. 

Screen Shot 2021-08-24 at 7.16.21 PM.png

4 answers to this question

Welcome to the forum!

Iv2020 is supposed to be operable in Big Sur.  Is your student license still activated? Might have timed out?

Call tech. but meanwhile, here is a maybe, schmaybe, idea that might be the problem . . .

sort of looks like in your previous work session, you enabled the Windows menu>Use Aplication Window and Use Full Screen (menu bar is a hidden pulldown at top), and applied the shortcut to hide all palettes,  then closed all the file tabs (leaving a transparent empty window), then quit vectorworks. When vwx was next launched, it opened to the blank Application Window screen, with menus and palettes hidden. 

Try hover at top of screen to reveal the menus, or navigate to a vwx file on the local drive and open it from there (dbl click the icon). Should open a tab on the Application Window screen. 

That’s a total longshot. All your reinstalling should have restored defaults. 

good luck. 

-B

• Like 1