door & window tool

D Wood

I have a overhead garage door in a masonry wall - when I tried to widen it, I got this message

A VectorScript error has occurred on this locked plug-in. Refer to the file "Error Output" for a further explanation.

I clicked OK, then I got this message

Object creation failed due to invalid parameter(s).

Pleae use different parameter(s)!

I searched for the Error Output file, which is not mentioned in Help, but even when I found it mean't nothing to me, and I can't paste it here.

Both files are converted from VW8.5 and I have run Utilities upgrade to V2 objects.

I am running VW10.5 on a 17" iMac with OS 10.2.6.

How can I get this tool working again?

I should explain my reference to "both files" - I tried another job file and got the same result. I also have Julian Carr's WinDoor loaded, and I get the same message with that as well, so I am unable to modify existing or draw new windows and doors with either tool.

Is it something to do with the plug-ins being locked?

Reference the Appendix in the back of the VW User's guide for using the workspace editor.

You'll delete the tool in the right column and then drag the tool from the left to the right to reset the tool.

If you reinstall, and you installed using the 10.5 download, you'll have to reinstall 10.1.2 and then run the update again. I'm pretty sure the 10.5 update makes the changes to the 10.1.2 folder without copying the 10.1.2 folder and updating the copy.

• 1 month later...

I haven't had the problem of non working d&w tools repeat since I re-did the upgrade, so I guess the software just got into a tangle one time.

The only problem I've had recently was when I opened a file to find that all the brick veneer walls I had drawn on a large house had mysteriously reverted to a 100mm (4") wall - fortunately I was able to recover a proper copy from my Retrospect back-up.

So the lesson there is: back-up, back-up, backup!