Site Model Issue

Poot

Hi everyone,

I am just making a simple site model and am experiencing a problems where the site model is cutting out a section for no apparent reason. I have tried adding extra point heights, 3d geometry but to no avail. There are not any site modifiers, or any other objects/layers to influence the site model.

You can see the polygon and point heights I am using to make the site model below.

image.thumb.png.3646380cf647eede88f98d104cc138fb.png

Next you see the problem where the site model created from this data clips out a section for no apparent reason....and I cant seem to get it sorted.

image.thumb.png.74563b83369ab6533f2efecd28612625.png

I have uploaded a copy of the file for testing....and maybe I am missing something obvious here?

Help me Obi-Wan.....

Test.vwx

Edited by Poot
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi @Poot, not sure why this would matter but the stake object on the bottom right (+4.55m) is ever so slightly outside the crop or boundary. As soon as I moved the stake to the nearest vertex point (0.0000005mm distance) of the crop the model appeared as it should. Hope this helps.

Screen Shot 2021-06-22 at 1.02.24 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-06-22 at 1.01.33 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-06-22 at 1.04.58 PM.png

• Like 4

THANK YOU! I won't get the last 2 hours of my life back, but this will prevent me throwing my computer out the window.

One of the joys of translating AutoCAD DWG's into VW I guess. Tried to be careful with the snapping, but obviously missed that.

• Like 2