rafter framing

whitecap

good morning robert & katie,

i am getting a strange result when executing rafter frame. i have a 12:12 simple gable roof with two shed dormers at 4:12,one on each side. the dormer roofs extend all the way to the ridge of the main roof.

when i execute the frame command the main roof is correct but the dormer frame packages are, about 14" low, below the plane of thier respective roofs. i have tried deleting and repeating, i am working with a copy of the roof on an edit layer, and always the same result.

i will presume this is pilot error so i keeping with today's auto theme can you offer some drivers ed. to me?

thanx in advance

thanks for trying. i think i have been to this intersection before. i don't seem to understand how to regenerate the settings dialoge box after the initial use/exe. of rafter frame. the only info a small box identifing width, hieght, and center to center. the oip doesn't appear to allow as many definitions as the original dialouge box.

it would appear that i could select the appropriate rafters and "elevate" them but this hardly seems expediant or the appropriate mode.i tryed copyiing the roof into another file and reviewed the object pr[?] info before exe.; reviewed all settings, i think, to my liking. the second box that appeared, object pr again had a subheading board. specs of lenth 1",width 1.5"and hiegth 96". i am at a loss wht this refers to and it bearing on my roof.

hope this is enough information to assist.

thanks for your patince.

jeff