Vectorworks file name limit?

When performing our yearly batch conversions for next version upgrade, Vectorworks will not allow a batch conversion for files with long names. Is the character count limit known that enables batch conversions to proceed without problems? Thank you.

I could be totally wrong, but I believe that the character limit is an OS function, not a VW function.  And I'm not aware of Batch Conversion having its own limit.

For Mac OS I believe the limit is 255 characters.

For Windows 10 I believe the limit is 150, but the path limit is 260, so if the the path is longer than 110, then the file name has to get shorter.  [But don't quote me on that!!!]

Thanks but the OS limit seems to be a higher character count than what Vectorworks is chopping us off at. Of course I did not count the characters of the troubled file names in the past but we are finally getting around to doing the 21 upgrade so will get a chance to verify it then. Meanwhile this is a wonderful excuse to get staff to be briefer in their file names!

I just tested a blank file.  I was able to save up to 256 characters, including the .vwx.

But when trying to make the name stupid long from the Finder Mac OS stopped me at 201 characters.  It still ran a batch convert on 201 characters with no problem.

I think this is worth a call to tech support.  I've never heard of anyone hitting this limit before.  Well done.