Custom seating row shift

Dill

Is there a possibility to change the row shifting in the seating section assistant? It seems, it calculates the shifting by the symbols width only. But if there is a different distance set between seats, it doesn't change the shift as to have it in the middle of the neighbour seat rows.

• Like 1

Sorry, what I meant wasn't the distance between the rows, but the offset of the chairs between rows.
In the seating section settings you can set the 'Alignment Type'

●        Shift Rows: seats are aligned with the boundary

●        Align Rows: seats in each row are aligned directly behind one another

●        Offset Rows: every other row is offset by half the width of the first seat

●        Distribute Rows: seats fill the boundary edge-to-edge; spacing is adjusted to distribute seats evenly in each row, with Seat Spacing treated as the minimum value

I want to have it on 'Offset Rows' wich means that a chair is offset a half position (to the left or right)to the chair in the row in front of it.
This is wanted to have the audience looking through the gap in between the two people in the next row in front of them. Like it often is done in Theaters or the movies.
This works fine for the standard situation. But for Covid limits where the distance between seats is much larger, it doesn't work anymore.
What i get is this:

Screenshot 2021-03-04 at 18.04.45.png

What i would like to have is this...

Screenshot 2021-03-04 at 18.17.15.png

Edited by Dill