Walls not on Slab

I am having a problem drafting my home.  I have the outside dimensions of the house to use as the slab.  When I draw a polygon as the shape of the slab, draw the walls on top of that surface, and then designate the slab, the slab only shows up inside the walls.  Is there something I am missing to get the slab to extend under the exterior walls?

Screen Shot 2021-02-11 at 2.58.42 PM.png

When you say 'designate the slab' do you mean you created the slab using 'Inner Boundary Mode' (the paint bucket)? Because if you did this mode uses the walls as the boundary for the slab. What you should have done is selected your polygon, right-clicked on it + selected 'Create Objects From Shapes' + chosen Slab as the object to create: then the slab would have been based on the polygon rather than the interior of the walls.

Alternatively, without having to redraw anything, you can select your existing slab, go to 'Edge Offsets' in the O.I.P., select all the edges then where it says 'edge ref' select 'outer face of wall'. This will move the slab on all sides from inside face of wall to outside face where you wanted it