Rack Equipment Text

aruk

Hi All, 

Is it possible to turn off the text that appears on Rack Equipment either indepenendtly for Model & Name or both of them? 

I know I can adjust text size/style etc but I can't seem to just simply make them disappear. Setting the pen style to "None" seems to have no effect. 

While on the subject of equipment text positions is it possible/it would be great to be able to set a position for the text within each device other than the options given in the text align portion of the Object info. This would be particularly useful when using custom images for the rack drawings to show to clients and to be able to have the model/name set to the side of the rack just for reference more than anything. 

thanks for your help in advance

Alex

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

@aruk

It's not possible to turn off the text in the current version. It is something we could consider. Would you be wanting to turn off the text for all Equipment Items at once or be able to intervene in individual objects? Not promising you anything here. The point of ConnectCAD is to automate the drawing process and save you time. If we keep on adding extra tweaks we expose more and more complexity to the user and defeat the object.

If you want to produce a version of the rack drawing for presentation why don't you just select the objects and go Modify > Convert to Group? Then you can go in and change the text to whatever you need. Do this on a copy of your original drawing and you keep the ConnectCAD rack drawing in case there are any changes.

If you find yourself doing the same operations regularly, why not get into Marionette and put together a neat little script to shuffle things around the way you want? What I'm getting at here is that Vectorworks has the tools.

All the best for Christmas and the New Year

Conrad

Hi Conrad,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly before Christmas!

I think if it was to be an option then if possible turning off individual items would be helpful when dealing with smaller devices as well as just providing a bit more flexibility. Simply being able to change the font colour to invisible would do it from my end if easier. I appreciate the point about overcomplicating it! 

Convert to group - great idea, thank you! 

Marionette - I shall explore if I need to go down this route for this operation but thank you for pointing that out. 

All the best

Alex