VW2019 Space Tool Net Area Number woes

AndySmithArch

Question

Hi there,

I know I'm running SP0 (the updater keeps throwing an "unknown error has occurred" message so I'm giving up updating it for now) but, I'm hopeful that my problem is caused by my own stupidity rather than a bug in SP0 of VW2019. Please see attached screenshot. I'm trying to use the space tool to create a summed value of a selection of space objects from a single design layer in my file - about as straightforward a task as it gets...

I've copied the syntax and cell details from another file from a colleague and their file is working perfectly. However, the "Net Area Number" column in my file/worksheet is bananas. Any ideas why it's turning a space measuring approx 3sqft (EX.3) into just under two hundred and seventy thousand square feet in column E? If I change it to be Gross Area then column E looks more reasonable (although I don't know why it would have a problem with Net Area Number if it's working in my colleague's file) but cell E7 then just changes to "28" which is obviously just a count of the number of space objects, and column E5 doesn't give me a sum total of the areas combined; it just says 28 sq.ft which is obviously just the count again.

Thanks for any pointers as to what I've done wrong.

Andy

Screen Shot 2020-12-13 at 21.29.32.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-13 at 21.32.36.png

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet