VA installation

I'm attempting to install VA. I just installed 8.5.1 The VA CD said "Install in a Vectorworks folder" or something like that. I would like to install it in the 8.5.1 folder (8.5.1f). However, when I open that folder, the VA installer does not let me install it; it insists I select a folder within 8.5.1f or create a new folder.

Well, I tried that, and VA installed. But the installer did not put things--plugs in, etc--where they belong. I can--and did--drag them into the right folders in 8.5.1f.

However, I believe the installer really is designed to work without my doing that dragging.

What am I doing wrong? What can I do to make the installer work right?

Bruce Marshall

G3 266, 224MB, OS8.0

Bruce,

The folder you should select is the VectorWorks folder...when you install, there should be a button that you select to make the currently highlighted folder be the destination folder.

For example, if your VectorWorks folder is in an Applications folder, go ahead and browse to inside the Applications folder and then highlight the VectorWorks folder. Then select the button below the browse window to make that the folder that the info goes into.

Hope this helps.