organization of files in bigger projects

the answer lies in how you want to assign responsibility to the staff. WGR (workgroup referencing) allows you to link files together, but you must be careful with the strategy that you use.

If you one architect on each building then dividing the project up into buiidings is fine, but if it?s one big building that won?t work. Divide the project up by people?s area of responsibility.

hi everybody,

how do you organize your files in bigger projects?

until now we worked with one file per building containing all floor plans, sections, elevations and so on.

but the problem is that only one person can work on it at a time. In further process I guess we have to split the files up and reference the layers of the drawings into each other.

my collegues used to work with autocad and microstation. they suggest to have one file per layer. so there is one layer to work on and the other are referenced in? Is this the way to go?

I guess we sometimes will get into the problem of maximum 8 drawings open at a time this way.

best regards

marek