Window Creation and Repetition

I have 15 or twenty PIO windows created in v11.5, all the same, and am now trying to edit them, because some of the lines are missing (jamb returns), and when exported to AutoCad, the drawing looks incomplete and a bit inept. (Sill class is on and Ceiling class is off.)

Now in v12.0.1, I've tried editing a window, and after much clicking and trial and error, the window looks sort of ok, but not perfect. This is not a construction document, and the windows are existing conditions so they just need to look correct.

Here's the question: With one in a 'sort-of-ok' condition, is there a way to dublicate the settings from one window to the next twenty?

how about the eydropper tool. if you select it, anf go intot he preferences, there is a check box for PIO settings. the only drawback is that it will take all settings, if the windows have any differences is size or configuration it will change that as well. Other than that it should do what you want precisely.

BTW, I appreciate your followup comment in the other topic. In the end your questions, got a very simple very effective rule to use a tool.

HTH,

If all of your windows are to remain the same and to negate this from happening again (having to update the individual window PIO's), it's a nice time-saving measure to create a symbol from the window style you want so that you can globaly update them all in the future.

I should have refreshed too. Interestingly, setting the eyedropper preferences almost picked up the parameters, but not quite - it left off one of the sills. (It's difficult to tell which is interior and which is exterior.) Fiddling with the parameters fixed the problem. The only other issue is that applying the eyedropper parameters caused each of the windows to flip it's position, so that I had to go back to each window and flip it one or more times.

[ 03-27-2006, 02:59 PM: Message edited by: ErichR ]