GRZEGORZ

Clip cube visual bug

Hello,

I have a problem with Clip Cube tool. While using clip cube to create sections it creates some kind of white mask (white filling) when cutting through solids. Objects does not appear if they are below cutting line and at the same time cutting line does not go through a hole in the solid.

Everything works fine if cutting line goes through any kind of hole in the solid.

Hope someone can help mi with that or at least explains why it works like this.

Example file in attachments.

Clip cube bug.JPG

Clip cube bug.vwx

@Peter Neufeld, thanks for answer.

But it is not the 3D view or OpenGL problem.

My case is visible on the sheet layers (I have prepared one with explanations). You can see that there are differences between section viewports that go through solid with a hole and solid without a hole.

I cannot see the chair in the section viewport on the sheet layer. Changing view from standard to orthogonal does not work. If I change rendering style to "Dashed Hidden Line" it works (chair is in place), but using option "Hidden lines" chair is gone some how but it should be visible.

I see now. Try going the Advanced Properties in the OIP and use the attributes of the original objects not the section class you have. Also, most importantly change the properties to infinite not finite.

Cheers,

Peter

Screenshot 2020-08-31 at 7.52.14 pm.png

Screenshot 2020-08-31 at 7.52.02 pm.png

It is not a solution. By changing cut plane to infinite you just show the top view. If I add "slab" to my solid (add an extrusion on top to mimic slab top view) chair is still not visible.

More accurate model in attachment.

Clip cube bug.vwx

I'm sorry you've lost me on this one as I can't work out what exactly is the problem then (and it's late here). I hope someone can step in. Good luck and all the best!

Cheers,

Peter

It would be helpful if you could leave a section line in the model to see where the section is taken from in order to understand it better, even though your notes are very thorough.

Cheers,

Peter

So I am using clip cube to create some kind of horizontal section (like a plane, but by using clip cube).

The thing is that if I use clip cube to create plan (horizontal section) there is a bug. But if I use the same clip cube to create classic section (lets say vertical) it works perfectly.

Section viewport.jpg

Clip cube bug.vwx

@Peter Neufeld, I have checked this one and still it is not the answer. No matter how you manage visibility settings, objects that should be partially covered by a solid are visible like they would be on top of solid, not inside it. See the picture in the attachment.

Chair visibilty .png

Hello (sorry I do not know your name),

I think you have to document the problem including movies so that the engineers can reproduce and understand the problem. Make sure you submit it to https://www.vectorworks.net/support/bugsubmit

Hidden Line Render doesn't work with the Clip Cube on Design layers so it might have something to do with that:

468516465_Screenshot2020-09-01at7_32_27pm.thumb.png.9d653b5ff00b1732927422b6791cb8c6.png

At least with section viewports the 'Hidden Objects Display' ties in somehow. I'm sorry I couldn't be of any help - hopefully more learned friends on this forum will be able to.

Cheers,

Peter

• Like 1