Adding Makes / Manufactures in Device Builder

Ok.. I have just really started using CC over the last month... sorry if it is not obvious to me but, is there a way to easily add Makes / manufactures to show in Device Builder? Example. I create a new device with a new make(this is easy), but the make does not show up again with go and build a 2nd new device which happens to be the same make / manufacturer

I know custom / New Devices will show with their name and (User Folder) at the end. Can "Makes" be the same? 

Do I have to EDIT the "ConnectCAD Devices DB.txt"?

Thanks 

Screen Shot 2020-04-21 at 4.04.07 PM.png

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi Charlie

Just checking that here on my Mac. What I'm seeing is that if I've already selected an existing Make, I don't get the option of New... in the Model dropdown. If I create a new Make I also can create a new Model. Is that what you are seeing?

BTW editing ConnectCAD Devices DB.txt isn't a good idea, not impossible, there's just a lot to go wrong when we humans do it.

Conrad

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello @Charles Thompson,

If I understand correctly you are creating a new Make and when you close the Device Builder with OK and reopen it the new make is not in the list? If so, could you verify that you are creating the new make as a Physical device, as virtual devices are not saved in the database?

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov