SDLaw

Favorite file disappeared, can't add it

Question

I was doing some house cleaning with our office file folders. I renamed the library folder that our Vectorworks favorite file was sitting in, and now we can't see this file in our Resource Manager. I tried adding it again and nothing happens. I removed the file from the folder, restarted Vectorworks, and I can't add it from my desktop either. I have also tried restarting the computer and I went through the permissions. Nothing has helped. 

I saw a post about removing it from the "cache", but I have no idea how to do this. If anyone can walk me through that, I would appreciate it. We are using Mac Pros. It is happening on all of our computers. 

• Like 1

1 answer to this question

I resolved this by duplicating our favorites file and renaming it. After that it wasn't a problem to attach it as a favorite file in the resources manager. It's a work around though. Not sure what was causing the problem. Oh, and sorry, I meant we were using iMacs.