The "2d View Rotation" Issue

i have read all the posts in the wish list section of this forum and agree that we need this basic feature.

VW should be supper strong on the 2d drafting side.

ask yourself, " when i spend 100 hrs on a house drawn in 3d, how much of this information is really usable for the construction drawings?" if we are honest with ourselves we will realize that compared to 2d overlay drafting, very little. every piece of the drawing in 2d overlay drafting can be used for the CD. (more so now w/ croppable viewports)

i understand the value of 3d houses for client presentation and getting the job. i have done some myself and VW does very well in that regard.

some have mentioned that VW should be more robust in the area of 3d "hot links" such as sections. maybe. but does this mean i will have to draw in "Ice & Water Shield" in 3d at all my windows just in case i want to have a detail of that for the construction drawings? Or will i have to type all that information in the object info. palette which is already overwhelming when dealing with parametric objects. all the while thinking, "is this really going to work?"

at any rate, while the people who make VW should always be moving ahead with 3d stuff, they should not overlook items that make getting the Construction Drawings out the door with ease.

Translation = VW should be Supper Strong / Flawless on the 2d drafting side.

to the VW design team i say, Thank you very much for Croppable View Ports. this was a major stumbling block. i enjoy drafting again.