Snap to Object/Object seems weaker

In our office, we've had increasing difficulty with the snaps in recent releases also, especially Snap To Object.

When drawing a rectangle (for example) where the second point is supposedly snapped to a point already defined on the plan, sometimes the second point will "twitch" off-target when clicked. Often, this will be subtle enough that we need to zoom in quite a bit to see it, but sometimes not.

I've noticed this twitchiness often when duplicating objects also. For example, when trying to control-click duplicate from the centerpoint of a line, sometimes the snap point will indicate "Center" but once the cursor moves, it is not relative to the center of the line anymore, but to a point marginally off of the line.

This happens more often when drafting quickly, but occasionally also when I'm working slowly and methodically.

Does anyone know how this problem might be remedied? Any chance it can be identified and fixed for v12? I remember the snaps being rock-solid a few releases ago...

Bret Rooks, P.E.

Taylor & Syfan Consulting Engineers

Win2k / P4 2.8GHz / 512MB