Board Plug-in: rotated objects mysteriousl rotated back

Short story

Objects created via the board plug-in and then rotated 90 degrees around the x or y axis are sometimes mysteriously being rotated back 90 degrees by the time I open the file to do more editing.

Long story

I am using the board plug-in to create the pieces/objects for a frame and paneled box.

For the side pieces of the box I create the board and then rotate it 90 degrees around the appropriate axis to make the board stand up. I have side pieces for the top/lid of the box and the bottom.

Periodically, the top or bottom side pieces will fall over. I don't think they have both done it at the same time.

Thinking I might be accidentally doing something I fixed everything then duplicated the top twice and moved each dupe to a separate layer. The only difference between the copies in the separate layers was that for one of the layers all the pieces were in a group, which is the way they were in the original working layer.

Today when I opened the file, all three versions of the top had their side pieces fall over.

I'm save multiple copies of the drawing plus exporting it as a vectorscript with the hope that when it happens again, maybe I will see something in the vectorscript file.

Question

Anyone else seeing any wierd behavior with the rotated board plug-in objects?

My guess is that, randomly, the information that indicates that the board has been rotated around an axis is being lost when the file is saved or is not being used when the file is opened.