UCS equivalent for V 10/11 ?

Have used AutoCad in the past and would like to know if there's a V 10/11 equivalent to changing the UCS setting so's I can view the same 2D drawing in any orientation that I want.

If not, is there a fundamental way of setting up a file that would facilitate constantly rotating plans/sections etc.?

I am an Architect and use the program for making 2D plans, sections and elevations.

Thanks for your help,

A.

i am an architect too, and i think in know what you are asking. the best way to do this is to use 'layer links'. these are grouped objects created from a layer or layers and they can be moved, rotated, flipped, coppied & pasted after theyv are unlocked. they are great for drawing sections or elevations as they are hot linked and can be snapped to (if you have the right classes on). some think this is clumsy, but it basically makes old drafting techniques very efficient (especially those of us who were around drafting before CADD). hope this helps...