Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links Read more... ×

is there a command out there that can let you grab any object and decide in which axis to rotate it from ? 
I will send some screen shots of what I mean

Ok I was trying to work on the plane where my object is in red. when I wanna do a line and I have automatically plane enabled it does not read my object in red. I even try to extruded and it won't let me extrude it. They are just simple flat objects. so I took the red object and flatted it out and made a polygon around it. it worked but then I could not rotate it back to its previous angles. 

I usually make a reference object and use the automatic working plane function to help me define which axis to rotate an object.  Automatic working plane is invoked when activating a command.  I set it up as a toolbar shortcut.  You can see the highlighted plane in my view is my automatic working plane.  Useful in a variety of contexts.  Apologies in advance if I am not explaining well.

Posted (edited)

While my geometry is not as complex as yours, I don't seem to have issues finding the working plane, even when it's not orthogonal...

Edited by cberg

I see Cberg, you did explain it well to understand. Thanks for the screen record thats basically what I do and it does find all plane on my drawing expect the ones I highlighted on my screen shot , but I think its something wrong with my geometric so I am just remaking it again. 

thanks.