Can't print in Mac OS X 10.3

Hello.

I have a very big problem. I'm unable to print from VW 11.5 under Mac OS X 10.3 (10.3.8 and 10.3.9) to an Epson Stylus 1280 printer connected via USB. This happens in both a Powermac G4 400 mhz and an iBook G4. All other apps print successfully (Word, Preview, Firefox). Also tried with an Stylus 740 and same problem.

Tried reinstalling printer, then VW and then the entire OS. No success. VW still doesn't want to print! Tries to create a printer but no success.

HELP please!

[ 04-20-2005, 10:37 AM: Message edited by: Hugo ]

I have discovered THIS solution in another post. IT WORKS!

Dtheory posts:

Hello All,

I have noticed a curious phenomenon.

I too had the problem refered to by Christiaan (above)

>>3) all printers are missing from the VW print dialogue box so we can't print

For some reason moving my Vectorworks folder out of the (default) "Applications" folder to another that I have created on my machine called "Applications (X)" brought the printers back...

moved the folder back to "Applications", the printers disapeared again. Printers seem to be gone unless my vectorworks folder is in any folder OTHER than the default applications folder...

(yes I have repaired permissions for my machine)

Printers also are present when logged in as root though my normal day to day account is administrator...

[ 04-20-2005, 11:30 AM: Message edited by: Hugo ]