Crash on Extrude along Path

I have a piece of 2D profile piece of trim I need to extrude along a path.

The path is straight with a deep arch that drops in the middle. Each time VW crashes no matter what I do or if I convert the 2D profile to NURBS, polygons whatever. Its not an over complicated profile, I just think that during extrude, because of the arch drop, the profile 'backs into itself' causing a crash. Anyone have any ideas on what I can do without straighting the path?

You might be able to add them if you converted them to mesh first. 3D conversion settings would apply.

------------------------

94 VR-4 Panama Green Tan Interior

RPS II, gutted cats, resistor by-pass, flipped BPV, Red Line MT-90/75w-90, 3SX control arms, Auto-Meter. Rebuilt TC, transaxle, steering rack, and turbos. 360's blue printened with in 1%. New short block. RWD convertion

oops, wrong forum

Eddie,

Check your Console>VW>Crash Report

Note the NURBSTessellator.dylib failure or the TrimVertex.dylib failure.

The problem is in the .dylib code NOT in your technique. I've managed similar crashes with very basic extrudes.

VW is working to address this issue , now. Hopefully it will be solved by the end of the month.

eja