mgries

Add Profile (to almost anything) Tool

Question

2 answers to this question

Please vote this question up.

Related to this is that eg. the window sill settings (and results) currently deviate so much from reality...enclosed is a section of a real window and window "sill".

kuva.thumb.png.90a18d6b53ce35a0ed0f8c011ad2fc9e.png

With VW I can get this far....

kuva.thumb.png.ca76e987aced26a3ff4cd8c7351deed0.png

Oh my, can't help smiling now...  😂

On 4/18/2019 at 5:38 AM, JMR said:

Please vote this question up.

Related to this is that eg. the window sill settings (and results) currently deviate so much from reality...enclosed is a section of a real window and window "sill".

kuva.thumb.png.90a18d6b53ce35a0ed0f8c011ad2fc9e.png

With VW I can get this far....

kuva.thumb.png.ca76e987aced26a3ff4cd8c7351deed0.png

Oh my, can't help smiling now...  😂

yeah...the window sill tool is SUPER half baked. Aside from not being able to control the profile in an intelligent and contextual way, it also doesn't provide an accurate way to represent the trim. There needs to be a separate component just for the apron (THE APRON IS NOT THE SAME AS THE TRIM COMPONENT!!!! Same goes for the head trim. Apron and Head Trim are very often sized differently than the side trim. So there needs to be 3 separate components, not a one sized component that wraps all the way around!!!

• Like 1