How to trim or clip several polylines???

The closest thing and cleanest I know is the trim tool (scissors icon, not the one in the tool menu). Draw your rectangle and then go around the outside of it clicking on each line or polyline. I've found that if the rectangle is not in front sometimes it will delete the whole line. It would be nice to be able to do them all at once or if the clip tool produced similar results without the problems you mentioned, but this is all I know of.

Hi, I'm using Vectorworks 11.5. I have a site plan with lots of polylines representig hills and rivers, etc. I want to extract a part of the plan, a rectangular part. I draw a rectangle containing what I need. I want to cut that rectangular section and erase everything else, or copy that to a new file.

One option is to trim all the lines and polylines that extend themselves outside the rectangle, but that is a neverending operation.

I have tried both the trim option in the tool menu, and the clip tool, but both do not work, they split or erase some polylines while others not, some ones shrink themselves and others stay the same.

How can I do this? I know Autocad has a feature where you extend a line and every line crossing this one gets trimmed. Something similar in VW? Please help me.