canthony

2019 SP2 Open GL still faceted in Very High Rendering mode

Question

Hi everybody!

I'm having some issues with 3d modelling in Open GL using Vectorworks 2019 SP2 on mac. I'm currently modelling quite a lot of curves using Open GL rendering detail set at Very High. The model has loads of facets. It makes positioning other objects on the curve quite tricky as it's hard to tell exactly where the curve sits until you hover over it. I never had this issue in 2018 and I usually modelled with detail mode only set to High? Maybe there is a new tick box i'm missing somewhere?

Anyone else having this issue?

Thanks!

3 answers to this question

If the model itself is actually faceted, it will appear that way in OpenGL, do you mean it's supposed to be a smooth curve but it appears faceted? If you can post the model or a sample of it here I can confirm.

Hi Jim,

Yes the model is meant to be a smooth curve and it's rendering as faceted. Only very slightly but enough to be annoying.

Thanks!

639218507_ScreenShot2019-02-25at16_03_34.thumb.png.3f41f4863211302c82b2aa72c20a8c26.pngbut

Screen Shot 2019-02-25 at 16.04.41.png

If you go, not to OpenGL Options, but Tools > Options > Vectorworks Preferences > 3D, what is 3D Conversion Res set to? Set it to High if its at Medium, and then save and reload your file, tell me if it looks different. if it does not, please send me the VWX and i can taker a closer look.