11.5: Sketch and OS Error

Just installed 11.5 upgrade

1. The following error message appears upon VW startup: "An unexpected OS error ID #0 has occurred!" after which VW starts. Is this serious?

2. and after making the Sketch command appear in the Rendering menu, nothing is activated or works with the command, including the Sketch Options dialog box, which doesn't appear.

I ran permissions repair, restarted, etc. Still the same.

3. are there any other features that need to be installed in the menus that don't automatically get installed?

MAC PB G4 OS 10.3.8

Erich,

Contact Apple about the error message. I've done some research and can't find what that OS error means, but it's definately not a good one. There could be something seriously wrong with your OS that needs addressing before it's too late.

Thanks, Katie.

"An unexpected OS error ID #0 has occurred!"

VWA is the only app affected.

This message is only upon opening VW. I doubt that, in the unlikely event that one could get Apple to respond, an answer (by them) would be forthcomming. VW support (and this discussion group) is a far more likely place to get a response.

Also, Sketch does not work on my Mac PB G4. Are these problems related? Should I reinstall VWA? If so, do I have to install v11 first, and then update 2x to 11.5? Does it make any sense to run the 11.5 updater again, first?

[ 03-10-2005, 09:34 PM: Message edited by: ErichR ]

This error message came up for me when i accidentally double clicked on the old VW 11.01 icon in the Mac Toolbar.

I then went to the VW application folder and tried double clicking on the 11.01 version still there - same result.

Use the new 11.5 version of the application and it doesn't come up.