logic of revised help menu??

jnr

Can some one explain why take a perfectly good help menu in version 10, and make it almost useless in version 11? As an industry series user (in this case architect w/renderworks), I can no longer search the help index by letter or by series as in the previous release. If I search the help database, one is searching all databases for all industry series. This is confusing and aggrevating, to say the least (nuts?). Furthermore if I want to search by letter, within a series, (i.e. "L" for lighting), as far as I can tell, I can no longer do it. Thank God NNA still ships a printed manual so I can look up topics in a normal index. If NNA goes the way of other software vendors and discontinues this practice, we're in for some real fun. This is a serious issue as this is a primary source of information for new users who will become confused and frustrated by this oversight.

WIth the new help, you can certainly search by product.

Under the Contents tab in the upper left, you can select by book --

You can also click on the Search Tab and type in keywords. To select the product - such as Arch only, select Architect in the drop down box right below. By default, it reads "All Available Books"

To search by letter, click on the Index tab.

Let me clarify: to search by letter in the index tab, it is not industry specific and searches all data bases, not just one. This is extremely cumbersome. To follow the example, to seach for lights, lighting or light fixtures, as an architect, I don't need to know about gobo projections, light plot, etc. The PDF based index in version 10 allowed one to relatively browse. That is, if one could not remember the exact phrase or terminology, you could at least see other topics or phrasing nearby. Now I have to know exactly what I'm looking for before I look it up and furthermore I now get every topic associated with every industry series.

Burt Lance once said at the 1982 Democratic National Convention "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".