Pantone Colors

I'm working on a graphic design project. It's a 2-D section of a house. I'd like to make one color version. Ideally I'd like to use Pantone colors to make sure the color prints correctly. Is it possible to import or does VWA11 already have the pantone libraries in it?

Thanks,

Seena

PS. I do have illustrator 10 if anyone knows of a way to export the pantone libs. from there?

Seena,

You'll have better luck exporting your VW file as PDf and then opening the PDF in Illustrator. Once in Illustrator you can map the PDF RGB colors to specific Pantone/CMYK colors.

VW just isn't intended to function at the true graphic-arts level.

See: http://techboard.nemetschek.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=20;t=001392

Good luck,

[ 02-17-2005, 02:50 AM: Message edited by: Travis ]

Not when I use Acrobat Distiller (rather than the MacOS built-in pdf generator). But this may be partly because our line-weight protocol is for a fairly large size differential (1, 4, 10, 15, 20). I like subtle line-weight differentiation on screen and from our own printers, but small differences don't seem to hold up to multiple copying or PDF creation as well. (We live and die with PDF)