Numbers not changing views

I came in to work today and for some reason my rightside numbers don't work to change views anymore. I have to go either to my view menu or select the 3d selection tool. I can work around this, it's just more time consuming and of course I'd rather not. During the first occurrence I couldn't even select any menu options, but since my forced quit and restart everything other than my numbers changing views is fine. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Sacsurfin'

Mac OS 10.3.7; dual 1.8 PowerPC G5; 3 GB RAM; VW 11.0.1

No, I'm saying you should. It's something you should do on a regular basis (or when you discover that things are not behaving properly). It will usually (but not always) cure all that ails your machine.

To repair permissions: Go to folder: HARD DRIVE>APPLICATIONS>UTILITIES. Find the DISK UTILITY and double click it to open. Make sure the REPAIR tab is active. Select (single click) your HARD DISK. Click on VERIFY DISK PERMISIONS and let it run until complete (3-5 min's usually). Then click on REPAIR DISK PERMISSIONS and let that run until complete. Then restart your machine. [i have never had a good explanation of why we should VERIFY and then REPAIR, instead of just REPAIR, but that's the way I've been told to do it by people who presumably know a lot more than I do...]

Hope that helps :-)

Well repairing permissions, though a new found friend, didn't accomplish anything, and I've tried num lock, repeatedly, but to no aveil. But I just found the problem to be in my UNIVERSAL ACCESS file the option to use numerical keys in place of mouse was selected. But now I know and knowing is half the battle. [Wink]

Thanks for the help,

Brian (still new to the Macintosh world but very happy)