3D Modelling

Sade

So I'm learning how to use the 'extrude' tool in vectorworks, I realised I forgot to add in a door but I couldn't because it seemed as though all the pieces I extruded together are joined together, is there a way to unextrude the walls so that I could put the door in?

Use the Ungroup command (Modify>Ungroup) and the extruded objects will be separated into individual extrudes. I hope I've understood what you mean.

If however, you have extruded a simple rectangle into a wall, then you will need to punch a hole in the wall to make your door. The best way to do this is to use the Push/Pull tool on the 3rd mode. This will enable you to draw the shape of the door hole on the wall and then by running the tool, you select the door hole shape, then select the wall extrude and "push" the shape through the wall. It takes a few goes to get the hang of it, but once you have worked it out, it is an incredibly useful tool.

Edited by markdd
  • Like 1