Display Sheet Border Project Data in Worksheet

_James

We're running VW2016 and i'm trying to make a 'drawing set manager' worksheet where all sheet border information can be edited from a single place. Since it's project data, I just want to have this listed once to keep the rest of the sheet clear, but when I type in the formula in the attached image, i'm just left with a blank cell.

Any suggestions? I know this is @Nikolay Zhelyazkov 's area of expertise!

Screen Shot 2018-10-03 at 15.39.22.png

• Like 1
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello James,

To begin with, the reason you are getting no value for this formula is that record formulas could be used only for database rows, as they require object from which to extract the data. If you paste the fomula in a database row, you should see the data.

As for updating the project data for all Sheet Borders in the active file from a worksheet, I do not think that this is possible for the Sheet Border. By changing the value from the cells under the database row, you will change only the value for the specified object and not all objects.

However, this should be possible in VW2019 with the Title Block Border object. If you change the value of any of the database rows, that display project data, it should be changed for the whole document. 🙂

Let me know if you have other questions. 🙂

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
1 minute ago, _James said:

p.s. Is there a sort of 'one-stop-shop' for all things worksheets? Information has been hard to come by outside of the forum but perhaps i'm looking in the wrong place.

- You could check out the Vectorworks Help site. I do not know of another place, but maybe somebody else in the forum knows?