Curves / arcs

Arch

On a few occasions when drawing a number of arcs the drawings print out with lines and arcs all over the place. These are not seen on the drawing itself! This is most annoying as you can imagine. I have even copied over arcs from a drawing without the problem and these mysterious lines have appeared on the new drawing! They ruin the drawing and there is no way that they can be issued to Clients! Any answers please?

Thanks

I have found that this occurs where the end points of a line and an arc are in very close proximity but not actually touching. The solution is either to delete the arcs and redraw them making sure that the endpoints snap to eachother, or use the connect/combine to to ensure the existing end points are touching.

In our office these usually show up in parking lot layouts, and can happen after using the fillet tool and the Trim Menu command in some undetermined combination.

Hope this helps

ion

I had drawn them as decorative hanging tiles and trimmed them to the lines......well nearly all of them! Is there any way to determine which ones are the offending arcs as there is quite a bit of decorative tile work.........in hopeful anticipation!!!!

NNA can you please iron this out as it never seemed to happen with the older versions!

Arch,

The only way I have ever found was zooming to ridiculous percentages to see that the arc and the line actually snapped to each other, a sisyphean task it sounds like in your case.

Have you tried the split tool instead of the Trim command? in 11 you can choose which pieces you want to keep. Also I have had fewer problems like this with that tool. I don't know exactly why.

Actually this is a problem that has come back from the dead, I think it was one of the v8 releases was horribly riddled with this problem.

ion