Site Model Modifier Conflicts

Jainsworth

Question

Hello all,

I have been working a site model for a quarry. I have two sets of survey data, a topographical survey taken in 2017 in PDF form, and a topo survey from 2018 of the same site in DWG form. I turned the DWG into a site model, and have added in site modifiers of the 2017 data by adding stake points and contours, so that I can compare the two surveys to see how the quarry has changed.

I have encountered an issue with a particular contour in the site modifiers, and this contour has flagged up 424 modifier conflicts. I cannot get my head around why only this contour has the problems, and upon clicking the warning triangle it states 'Pads Intersect', however, I have not used any pads, only contours and stake points.

Does anybody have any suggestions as to why this is happening? As you can see from the zoomed in images, the modifier conflict warnings are not actually sat on top of 'crossovers' and you can see from other contours that these are not problems.

I have attached pictures to help, with the zoomed out image showing only the proposed contours, and the zoomed in showing both (green and blue) proposed and existing.

Thanks

Joe

overview.thumb.PNG.8f73ba11c9bfadaa7943eccb7a1809a9.PNG140204715_zoomedin.thumb.PNG.24de3668fd697bbe34cb2edf407873ae.PNG1704085381_zoomedin2.thumb.PNG.63fef6748bccf13f5c5d0672a1f73775.PNG

3 answers to this question

You are not using site modifiers in the way they were intended.  As far as I know, the site model doesn't work by direct manipulation of contours - it works through objects like pads, which then generate proposed contours.  I think you are asking the site model to analyze the difference between two sets of contours, which (again, as far as I know) it is not designed to do.  The site model is interpreting your contour polygon modifiers probably in the only way it understands, which is to treat them as pads - something far different from what you expect.

Hi P Retondo,

I'm a little confused as to what you are saying with the contours. When you create site modifiers you choose the type of modifier, and that includes pads, and also contours. So would that not mean that contours are a type of modifier?

I actually just solved my problem - turned out that I had put an extra contours underneath the original so there were 2 contours on top of each other, and the model was trying to compute them both! I deleted the original and all was well.

Joe